Novia, the largest Swedish-speaking university of applied sciences in Finland, plans to start a masters programme about autonomous shipping in 2018. The application period ended now in December.
The Master’s degree programme in Autonomous Maritime Operation comprises 60 ECTS and the degree title is Master of Engineering, Autonomous Maritime Operations.
The programme has a special focus concerning the digitalization of maritime operations. The studies include six courses, each of an extent of 5 credits and a master thesis 30 credits.
Following subjects are covered:
- Introduction to studies and introduction to Marine operations
- Autonomous vessels-automation
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Human-Machine Interaction
- Remote Operations
- Cyber Security and Connectivity
- Classification, Qualification and Safety Perspectives