Wallenius Marine part of Lighthouse trainee programme
In the coming season, Wallenius Marine participates in the Lighthouse trainee programme. The trainee programme gives newly graduated Naval Architects the chance to work at several maritime workplaces, and in addition to Wallenius Marine, Alfa Laval, Floatel, SSPA, Stena and TTS Marine are included in the trainee programme.
- We want to strengthen the connection with universities and the research community, as a part of our and the shipping industry's competence provision, and also to offer graduates a good start and a way into the industry, says Urban Lishajko at Wallenius Marine.
What do you expect from a Lighthouse trainee?
- Engagement, someone who can look at things with new eyes and have a willingness to take on tasks in different environments and want to share their ideas.
What can you as a company benefit from receiving a trainee from Lighthouse?
- To be seen as employer and company. You can get to know a potential future employee.
The trainee programme involve different actors in the Swedish maritime industry; shipowners, shipyards and manufacturers, classification societies, authorities, designers and more. Together the participating companies is offering the trainees a structured programme where they will rotate at different hosts in order to maintain as broad experience and network as possible after completeness. Lighthouse accepts two trainees per season.
- Master of Science in Naval Architecture from Chalmers Technical University, Gothenburg or KTH, Royal institute of technology, Stockholm
- Excellent communications skills in English and Swedish
- Maximum one year of work experience after graduation
- Good communication skills with the ability to network and build relationships
The application process for the 2018/2019 season begins now in December and ends January 31, 2018. For more information, follow the link below or contact Lighthouse.